The West Australian government has recently reintroduced the safety and security rebate for seniors. This incentive allows Seniors Card members to claim up to $400 per household on eligible home security equipment.
What Items are Eligible?
The rebate relates to specific home security items, each of which have a maximum rebate –
- Home Alarm & CCTV Systems – $400
- Security Screen Doors – $400
- Deadlocks – $200 each, maximum of $400
- Security Window Screens or Window Shutters – $400
- Security Sensor Lights – $200 each, maximum of $400
- Wifi Video Doorbells – $200 each, maximum of $400
- Residual Current Devices – $400
- Mains Powered Smoke Alarms – $200 each, maximum of $400
- Fire Extinguishers – $50 each, maximum of $100
- Fire Blankets – $25 each, maximum of $50
It’s important to note that in order to claim the rebate, the item/s must meet or exceed Australian standards. In most cases, the item must also be installed by a licensed security installer.
Download this brochure for a detailed guide on the eligible items.
How Do I Apply & Learn More?
There are numerous ways you can apply for the safety and security rebate in WA –
- Make sure you have an online account for your Seniors card and login to apply.
- Download an application form and send it by email or post along with your receipt.
- Give the WA Seniors Card Centre a call on 1800 671 233 or email them at email@example.com to request an application form which can be sent by email or post.
- Visit ServiceWA in Bunbury at 24 Wellington St.
- Visit the WA Seniors Card Center which is located at 140 William St, Perth.
- Visit any of the Dep. of Communities customer service counters.
Home Security Products from KNA Security
KNA Security are a WA owned and operated company that supply and install a range of high quality home security products including security doors, roller shutters, CCTV systems and alarms throughout the northern suburbs of Perth.
With over 30 years of industry experience, we are fully licensed and insured so you can rest assured you’re in good hands with KNA. Make sure you check our reviews on Facebook or Google that reinforce our extraordinary level of customer service and workmanship.
Learn more about the safety and security rebate for seniors or call us today on 9561 2956 to discuss your options.